Cappuccino of sardines and chilli with mashed Vitelotte potatoes
- 40 mn
- 4 people
- 1 can of Connétable Sardines Généreuses in chilli
- 400g Vitelotte potatoes
- 1dl semi-skimmed milk
- 1/4 litre single cream
- Fine salt, ground pepper
- Prepare your mashed potatoes: add the potatoes to a large pan of boiling water and leave to cook until you can easily pierce them with the tip of a knife. Let them cool slightly then peel. Mash with a ricer then add boiling milk and whisk energetically. Season with fine salt and ground pepper. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, put the sardines in a mixer and chop until you obtain a very smooth purée. Tip into a bowl and mix in the single cream. Mix and season to taste with fine salt and ground pepper.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve then pour into a cream whipper. Load with two gas cartridges and shake vigourously.
- When it's time to serve, add a small portion of mashed potato to a serving glass, then top generously with your whipped sardine cream.
Recipe by Jean-Charles Karmann