Lord Sandwich's Club Favourite
- 30 mn
- 4 people
- 1 can of Connétable sardine fillets in extra virgin olive oil
- 12 slices of soft wholemeal bread
- 3 tomatoes
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 40g mayonnaise
- 20g tapenade
- Slice the tomatoes and eggs. Wash and chop the lettuce. Gently blend the tapenade into the mayonnaise.
- Toast the slices of bread (on both sides) then spread with the tapenade mayonnaise. Layer the lettuce, egg and sardine fillets, then add another slice of toasted bread spread with mayonnaise.
- Repeat, this time layering the tomato, egg, lettuce and sardines. Cover with a third slice of bread and press lightly on the sandwich to flatten it.
- Cut the sandwich in half and use cocktail sticks to hold it together. Enjoy during a summer picnic, or cut into quarters for a summer appetizer.
Recipe by Jean-Charles Karmann