Potato smiley faces with sardines
- 20 mn
- 15 mn
- 3 people
- 1 tin of skinless & boneless sardines in Olive oil
- 500 g potatoes
- 2 shallots
- 1 egg
- 40 g flour
- A few sprigs parsley
- 2 tbs sunflower oil
- SMILEY FACE cookie cutter
1. Wash, peel and grate the potatoes. Dry them in a tea towel.
2. Remove the skin and chop the shallots. Wash and chop the parsley.
3. Drain the sardines and crush them with a fork.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the grated potatoes, sardines, shallots, parsley, flour and egg. Work into a uniform mixture and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and pour the mixture into the skillet until it is covered with a layer 1 cm thick. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, until both sides
are slightly golden.
6. Once cooked, transfer the disc to a cutting board and cut out smiley faces using the cookie cutter. Serve, it's ready!
Replace the potatoes with courgettes (after grating them, press them with your hands to remove excess water). A great idea to encourage your children to eat fish & vegetables!