Sardine and Espelette Chilli Tartlet
- 15 mn
- 30 mn
- 4 people
- 1 can of Connétable sardines with Espelette Chilli
- 4 filo pastry sheets
- 3 onions
- 1 heaped tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Andouille de Guémenée smoked sausage
- 4 petals of dried tomato
- 1 handful of roquette salad
- Heat the oven to 190°C.
- Cut 4 rounds out from each sheet of filo pastry. Butter the filo pastry and place one round on top of the other, then put them in the oven for 10 minutes to precook.
- Stew your onions: first peel and chop the onions. Add a knob of butter and a splash of oil to a frying pan and brown the onions for 5 minutes. Add the sugar and cook for another 3 minutes then add the balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and leave to stew for twenty minutes or so. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Top the filo pastry rounds with the stewed onions, add a thin slice of Andouille de Guémenée and one or two fillets of sardine with Espelette chilli. Top with a small dried tomato and cover with a few roquette leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Céline Rivier des Pépites de Noisette