Sardine and Roquefort Spread
- 10 mn
- 4 people
- 160g Connétable sardines in olive oil
- 100g Roquefort cheese
- 1 stem of celery
- 5cl white port
- Fine salt, ground pepper
- Drain the sardines and put in the bowl of your mixer. Wash and chop the celery and add it to the sardines.
- Pour over the white port.
- Season with fine salt and ground pepper. Mix it all together at high speed. Next, add the Roquefort and reduce the speed, mix while continually adding the oil from the sardine can.
- If necessary, adjust the seasoning.
- Tip this sardinade into a bowl and set aside in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours so that it becomes a bit more solid.
It can be served on slices of grilled farmhouse bread or alongside a lovely summer salad.
Recipe by Jean-Charles Karmann