Sardine puff pastry parcels
- 25 mn
- 15 mn
- 4 people
- 2 cans of sardines in extra virgin olive oil
- 2 packs of puff pastry
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 300g diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1.5 tb balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs capers
- 1 egg
- In a frying pan, add a splash of olive oil from the sardine cans then brown the chopped onion with the garlic.
- Add the diced tomatoes, oregano, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper then simmer until it thickens slightly.
- Add the capers, turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut fish shapes out from your puff pastry.
- Add a spoonful of tomato sauce in the centre, crumble over some sardine flesh then add another fish pastry shape on top. Press well together.
- Brush with the whisked egg and use the tip of a knife to mark eyes and scales.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
To create the fish shapes in the pastry, use a mould or pastry cutter, or draw a fish on a sheet of paper. Cut this out with scissors and use it as a template.
Recipe by Céline Rivier des Pépites de Noisette