Stuffed tomatoes with sardines and whipped cheese
- 20 mn
- 15 mn
- 4 ppeople
- 2 tins of sardines in extra virgin olive oil
- 200g quinoa
- 4 large tomatoes or 8 small ones
- 4 small shallots
- 150g whipped cheese
- 1 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- Salt, pepper.
- Rinse the quinoa a few times, then pour it into a big saucepan. Pour in one and half times
its volume in water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the quinoa, rinse it and let it cool.
- Cut open the tomatoes, scoop out the pulp with a spoon and then dice it up.
Save the top part of the tomatoes, they will serve as lids.
- Peel the shallots and chop them up. In a salad bowl, mix the quinoa, the whipped cheese,
the sardines, the mustard as well as the crushed tomatoes and the shallots.
- Season to taste.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the quinoa and sardine stuffing and then place
the tomato lids on top.
Enjoy these stuffed tomatoes cold.
Recipe by Christian Corban
This simple and joyful recipe adapted to all seasons with a various choices of ingredients to mix together.