Succulent sardine cromesquis
- 45 mn
- 4 peaople
- 1 can of Connétable Sardines Généreuses in an oil-free lemon & basil marinade
- 80g butter
- 1/2 bunch of chives
- 60g flour
- 60g breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon
- Oil for frying
- Fine salt, ground pepper
- Take your mixer and add the sardines and softened butter and blend to a purée. Add the washed, chopped chives. Season to taste with fine salt and ground pepper.
- Place a sheet of cling film over a large plat and spread your mixture over it. Cool in the refrigerator. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a small bowl. Add the flour to another bowl and the breadcrumbs to a third.
- Once the sardine mixture is very cold, take it out of the refrigerator and cut into small cubes. Dip each cube into the flour, then the beaten eggs and finally the breadcrumbs. Repeat this twice.
- To serve as an appetizer, heat your cooking oil, then cook the cromesquis until a lovely golden colour. Place them on a piece of kitchen towel and leave to cool slightly before serving. Serve with a few slices of lemon.
For added flavour, you can add a few spices of your choice to the sardine mixture. Make the recipe a bit more exotic with some lime juice and a few vegetables chopped into sticks.
Recipe by Jean-Charles Karmann