Summer quiche and its sardine star
- 20 mn
- 40 mn
- 4 people
- 2 cans of Connétable boneless sardines in olive oil
- 1 roll of shortcrust pastry dough
- 4 nice tomatoes, not too ripe
- 200g mozzarella
- 3 eggs
- 20cl single cream
- 1 tbsp cornflower
- 1 bunch of basil
- Fine salt and ground pepper
- Heat your oven to 200°C - th. 6-7
- Unroll the shortcrust pastry dough and use it to line a buttered flan dish. Prick with a fork.
- Cut the mozzarella into generous slices and place them in the flan dish. Cut generous slices of tomato and place them in the dish too. Drain the sardines and place them in the dish in a star pattern then sprinkle with the washed, chopped basil.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs with the cream and add a tablespoon of cornflower, then stir well. Season with the fine salt and ground pepper.
- Pour this mixture into the flan dish and bake for about 40 minutes.
Serve this summer quiche cold with a lovely salad of young shoots seasoned with olive oil.
Recipe by Jean-Charles Karmann