- 20 mn
- 4 peaople
- 2 cans of Connétable Sardines Généreuses in extra virgin olive oil and chilli
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 150g soft goat's cheese
- 1 small jar of pesto
- Salt, ground pepper
- Slit the bottom of the tomatoes and plunge them into boiling water for 15 seconds, then cool in iced water. This will help you remove their skin more easily.
- Set aside 4 nice basil leaves to garnish.
- Drain the sardines then smash them. In a bowl, mix the soft goat's cheese, pepper and the chopped basil.
- Cut the tomatoes into 4 slices.
- Dress the dish as you would a millefeuille alternating a slice of tomato with a spoonful of the sardine mixture, starting from the base of the tomato up to the top.
- Top off with a basil leave.
- Add pesto to taste as a dressing on or around the tomato.
Use the same recipe for an appetizer but use cherry tomatoes with as shot of Bloody Mary (cocktail comprising tomato juice, vodka, lemon juice and celery salt).
Excessive drinking may damage your health, drink with moderation.